Bathtub Refinishing is a good alternative and provides a very significant savings in the cost of replacing it. We use the highest quality material which results in a beautiful finish. Surface Designers has been in business for many years in Houston and since we are a local family owned business it allows us to spend more time on making sure that our work is done right and professionally. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and workmanship at a very competitive price than most of our competition.
Our Bathtub Refinishing Process includes:
- Bathtub’s are cleaned, scraped and all dirty caulked are removed.
- If needed, all paint and re-glazing is stripped.
- Etching is applied to the entire surface.
- Chips, nicks and dents are filled.
- Surrounding areas are protected and covered with masking paper
- Shower head and tub spout are bagged to prevent drips.
- Drain is covered with masking tape.
- Drop cloths are placed on floor.
- Tub is reglazed using HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) spray gun.
The entire process takes 1 to 2 hours under normal circumstances and conditions. All jobs must completely dry for approximately 48 hours before use.
Please note: All bathrooms are unique. The process listed above is a typical example. Additional work my be required on a job by job basis.